Golden Lane Children’s Centre is part of Prior Weston Primary School and shares the Golden Lane Campus site with the primary department of Richard Cloudesley Special School.
Our shared aim is to provide a high quality teaching and learning centre that supports children, their families and the wider community in this area of Islington and the City as well as providing the best possible care for children from 8 months to five years in close co-operation with parents and carers.
Our aim is to:
- Meet the needs and interests of the whole family.
- Provide children with a high standard of education in a purposeful learning environment where exploration and curiosity are encouraged and the teaching and learning is based on the needs of each child.
- Give a voice to children by listening to and consulting with them.
- Encourage children to become independent learners.
- Develop children’s social cultural and spiritual identity.
- Cherish children’s self-confidence and resilience so that they can make decisions and become competent contributors to their local community.
By working together with the local community Golden Lane Campus is a venue where people come together to learn, reflect, share interests and excitement, becoming a community of learners with real voice in their local area.