- We believe parents are their children's first and most important educators.
- We are committed to developing a strong relationship between parents and school.
- We also encourage children to develop 'growth mind-sets', so children believe that ability and success are not pre-determined, but due to learning.
We are therefore delighted to give a growth and learning opportunity to you as parents and carers as well!
Islington Council have invested in 4 award-winning, quality-marked, evidence-based online courses by the Solihull Approach (a national NHS organisation).
These courses are available FREE of charge for ALL parents-to-be, parents, grandparents or carers of any child from antenatal up to age 18 years who want to be the best they can be. You don’t need to be struggling. The courses are relevant to parents of all children, including those with special needs, autism, ADHD etc:
- Understanding your baby
- Understanding your pregnancy, labour, birth and your baby
- Understanding your child (0-19 years, main course)
- Understanding your teenager’s behaviour (short course)
Please take advantage of this fantastic resource while you can.
How to access the courses:
- Visit the ‘Our Place’ website
- Click on ‘Start now: Buy courses or apply code’
- Enter access code: Bright start
- Enter your information and postcode
- Start your course!
You will be asked a few questions to confirm that you are eligible to use these codes. Your responses will not be linked to your name. You will also be asked to create an account so that you can revisit the course anytime, on any device and resume where you left off.
You will not receive any marketing emails. Your details will not be passed on to any third party, not even the council or the school.
We welcome your feedback.
For further information about the course visit www.inourplace.co.uk
For technical support email solihull.approach@