Safeguarding and Child Protection Team
Prior Weston takes its responsibilities to protect its children from all forms of abuse very seriously to guarantee children's safety.
Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL)
Simone De Juan
Designated Teacher For Children Looked After (CLA)
Joanne Pettifor, the Acting Head Teacher, is the Designated manager for Allegations against Staff and Volunteers.
Safeguarding Documents and Links
- Safeguarding Leaflet for visitors 2018
- Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy
- Keeping children safe in education
- Working together to safeguard children
- Anti-Bullying Policy Draft
- London Safeguarding Children Board: Child Protection Procedures
- What to do if you’re Worried a Child is being Abused
- Information Sharing
- Mental Health & Behaviour In Schools
- Behaviour Policy
- Parent/Carer Conduct in School Policy
- Preventing FGM
Please find a list of relevant telephone numbers to contact if you wish to refer independently.
- Police 101/999 (If urgent)
- Islington Children’s Services Contact Team//Out of Hours 020 7527 7400/0992
- Islington LADO (firstname.lastname@example.org) 020 7527 8066/8102
- Islington Child Protection Advisors 020 7527 8101
- Islington Principal Officer Safeguarding in Education 020 7527 5845/3747
- Islington Police Child Abuse Investigation Team 020 8733 4286
- Islington Safeguarding Children Board 020 7527 4209/4234
- Islington Women’s Aid (Solace) 080 8802 5565
- Domestic Violence National Helpline (24hours) 080 8200 247
- Forced Marriage Unit 020 7008 0151
- Karma Nirvana Honour Network Helpline 080 0599 9247
- NSPCC 080 0800 500
- Childline 080 0111 1
- City Children’s Services Contact Team/Out of Hours 020 7332 3621/ 8356 2710
- Camden Children’s Services Contact Team/Out of Hours 020 7974 6600/4444
- Hackney Children & Young People’s AASWS/Out of Hours 020 8356 5500/2710
- Harringey First Response Service 020 8489 4470/0000
- Tower Hamlets CP and Reviewing 020 7364 5006/5006
- Other council numbers can be found online
Multi-Agency Team Around the School
We work closely with multiple Government agencies and charities to ensure the safety of our pupils.
Keeping Children Safe from Extremism and Radicalisation
If you are concerned about keeping children safe from extremism and radicalisation then please read the following booklet, which has been produced by Islington Council and or the school.
Childline for Under 12s
Childline has launched a website aimed at children under the age of 12. This provides age appropriate content on topics including: bullying, family, friends, feelings, school, abuse and staying safe. It also includes games and therapeutic tools for young visitors to play and express how they are feeling. It will be promoted through the NSPCC's Speak out Stay safe programme in Prior Weston during November 2018.