The happiest and most successful children know that their family supports them and shows an interest in their day to day school life.
- Talk to your child about what they are doing at school.
- Encourage them to find out things for themselves.
- Read books with your child. Take them to the local library and help them to choose books.
- Let your child help you in the kitchen and when you are doing other work in the home.
- Listen to your child. Encourage them to ask questions. If you do not have the answer, why not find out together?
Free Digital Resources
You can find resources to support your children on the LGfL website. If you have lost your child’s log in details, please ask their class teacher for a copy.
These resources can be used without an LGfL login:
Digital 5 A Day
The Digital 5 A Day from the Chidren's Commissioner, provides a simple framework that reflects the concerns of parents/ carers as well as children’s behaviours and needs. It can also act as a base for family agreements about internet and digital device use throughout both the holidays and term time.
NSPCC Online Safety Helpline
If you have a question about parental controls or concern about a social network your child uses, expert advisors at the NSPCC free helpline are there to help - 0808 8005002.
Minimum Age Requirements for Apps
Did you know the minimum age requirement for most social networks and some apps is 13?
The NSPCC Net Aware site list apps, their age requirements and tips for help keep children safe while using them.